Tuner company Gemballa has officially restarted under new CEO Andreas Schwarz, after its founder went missing in February.
Investor Steffen Korbach is helping fund the relaunch of the company. A press conference was held this morning to announce it. It was said that the future of the company is secure, and that the same importers will be used worldwide as previously.
The company will be focusing on tuning the Porsche Cayenne and Panamera in the near future, with the first model due in October. Also, the following five previous models will be continued:
- Gemballa Avalanche, based on the Porsche 911
- Gemballa Mirage GT based on the Porsche Carrera GT
- Gemballa GT Aero 3 based on the Porsche Cayenne
- Gemballa Tornado based on the Porsche Cayenne
- Gemballa MIG-U1 based on the Ferrari Enzo
We hope that Uwe Gemballa will be found soon though, and that he can take charge of the company again.