Lexus has released the IS350C F-Sport Special Edition. It’s essentially an IS350C with plenty of F-Sport accessories and a few extra touches for that “Special Edition” feel.
The engine hasn’t been touched, but handling should be improved with Bilstein shocks, lowering springs, a sway bar set and upgraded brakes on all four corners. There’s also a set of new 19-inch alloy wheels with sporty rubber to go with them. Making it a special edition is a unique F-Sport grille, plenty of badging and the exclusivity of just 100 units. Also, you can only get it in Obsidian or Tungsten Pearl.
The interior also gets some F-Sport accessories: embroided floor mats and a leather-wrapped shift knob, both with F-Sport logos. There’s also a badge on the centre console indicating which of the 100 cars your particular one is. Pricing is set at $58,375 including the destination charge, which seems a bit pricey considering the competition. Nonetheless, it doesn’t look too bad. Have a closer look in the gallery below.
Lexus Introduces 2010 IS 350C F-Sport Special Edition
* Only 100 Units Will Be Produced
* Features F-Sport Performance Accessories and Unique Grille
* Interior with Numbered Badging and Blue Contrast Stitching
TORRANCE, Calif. (March. 8, 2010) – Lexus today announced the Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $57,500 for the 2010 IS 350C F-Sport Special Edition which will arrive at dealerships later this month. The MSRP does not include a delivery, processing and handling fee of $875.
“The F-Sport Special Edition builds on the IS 350C and takes the fun of the convertible up another notch,” said Mark Templin, Lexus Division group vice president and general manager. “The F-Sport accessories on this car were precision engineered specifically for this vehicle, allowing us to provide sport-tuned performance without sacrificing ride quality.”
This 2010 IS 350C Special Edition was designed to engage driving enthusiasts with the performance and styling enhancements from the F-Sport accessories line. This IS 350C, only available in two colors, Tungsten Pearl or Obsidian, can be distinguished from other IS convertibles by the following F-Sport equipment:
* Newly designed 19-inch forged alloy wheels with a wheel lock set and Michelin Pilot Sport 225/35ZR19 tires in the front and 255/35ZR19 tires in the rear;
* Front and rear brake upgrade for a firmer pedal feel and enhanced fade resistance;
* New and unique F-Sport grille not previously available;
* Shock set developed in cooperation with Bilstein®;
* Lowering springs that reduce the ride height approximately one-inch in the front and rear;
* Sway bar set that helps reduce body roll and provide flatter cornering;
* Embroidered floor mats with F-Sport logo;
* Leather-wrapped shift knob with F-Sport logo;
* And exterior badging and an individually numbered badge on the center console complete the uniqueness of this vehicle.
The IS 350C F-Sport Special Edition also comes with black leather-trimmed seats with sporty blue contrast stitching. Other Special Edition standard features include heated and ventilated front seats with wood trim; Bi-Xenon HID headlamps with Adaptive Front lighting System (AFS); headlamp washers; and Lexus Navigation. The hard disk drive (HDD) navigation system has a seven-inch VGA touch-screen, Bluetooth® phonebook download capabilities, a rear back-up camera, Voice Command casual-language voice recognition system, Lexus Enform, XM® NavTraffic, XM® NavWeather, and XM® Sports and Stocks. XM services include a complimentary 90-day trial subscription. It is also features the new telematics system Lexus Enform™ with Safety Connect™ (includes complimentary one-year trial subscription).
“The IS 350C F-Sport Special Edition is a unique package of style and excitement. With only 100 units available nationwide they’ll sell out fast to customers who want power, performance and a little more fun under the sun,” said Templin.