The Automobile Journalists Association of Canada has announced the winners of their 2011 Canadian Car of the Year Awards.
They had eleven awards to hand out, and the winners are as follows:
- Best New Small Car (Under $21,000): Ford Fiesta
- Best New Small Car (Over $21,000): Chevrolet Cruze
- Best New Family Car (Under $30,000): Volkswagen Jetta TDI Clean Diesel
- Best New Family Car (Over $30,000): Buick Regal
- Best New Luxury Car (Over $50,000): BMW 5 Series sedan
- Best New Prestige Car (Over $75,000): Porsche 911 Turbo S
- Best New Sports/Performance Car: Cadillac CTS-V Coupe
- Best New Minivan: Toyota Sienna
- Best New SUV/CUV (Under $35,000): Hyundai Tucson
- Best New SUV/CUV ($35,000-$50,000): Ford Edge
- Best New SUV/CUV (Over $50,000): Volkswagen Touareg
That’s quite a lot of awards, and all the winners seem justified to us. Interestingly, most cars are from the US. If you’re wondering where the overall Car of the Year winner is, AJAC is likely saving that announcement for the Canadian International Auto Show in February.